DR. Summer Lam
Internal Medicine Doctor
I am an internal medicine specialist who believes physicians are here to provide patients with the knowledge and support necessary to make sound decisions regarding their health. I chose internal medicine because of the intellectual challenge, but also for the lasting and trusting relationships I can forge with patients as I help them navigate the complexities of health and the healthcare system. I joined the AIM Health team to practice in an environment where the patient-physician relationship is honored, and I have the time and resources to deliver the best care available for my patients.
I was born and raised in Honolulu. I graduated magna cum laude from the University of Hawaii with bachelor’s degrees in biology and dance. I then completed medical school at the John A. Burns School of Medicine at the University of Hawaii in Honolulu. Upon moving to Oregon in 2005, I completed my internship and residency at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center.
I am certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and have been practicing medicine for 14 years in the Portland area. Prior to AIM Health, I worked at The Portland Clinic, then Providence Medical Group in Newberg.
In my spare time, I value spending time with my husband, son, and daughter. We enjoy hiking, cycling, cooking, traveling when we can, and playing board games. I also enjoy playing the piano and watching performance dance when I can find the time.
- Undergraduate Degree in Biology and Dance from the University of Hawaii, 2000
- Medical Degree from the John A. Burns School of
- Medicine at the University of Hawaii, 2005
- Internship/Residency Training at Providence St Vincent, Portland
- Internal Medicine, Portland Clinic
- Internal Medicine, Providence Medical Group Newberg
- Internal Medicine, AIM Health, January 2020-Present